Couple of things...
Got my reply back from Take a Break/Take a Break's Fiction Feast Magazine..
I regret that it is not quite suitable for either magazine, so I am returning your work. Please rest assured that it has been read and considered.
Mixed feelings as follows:
1. Good God, I'm not even good enough to write for that shitty publication.
2. Thank the Lord, my writing is better than what goes into that shitty publication.
I'm not in the slightest bit religious, so not quite sure why God features so highly in both reactions, but other than that, I'm just going to forget about it and move on. There are plenty of other places to try.
The other thing..
It was week three of the Parenting Puzzle and things are progressing into quite open discussions now. We were talking about rewards and penalties and the importance of being able to act out on the penalty. I was able to share the famous story of my mum stopping the car on the hard shoulder in the dark and in the middle of a bad rainstorm to kick out my brothers who were fighting. Impressive penalty I thought...but it was quite scary being in the car waiting for them to catch up with my mum totally distraught by what she had done. Worked though. Plenty more stories like that one!
So I end the day with a cup of chocolate horlix and a sweet little grey cat wanting me to choose her instead of the laptop - Sophie wins.
Until tomorrow, Cam x
No comments:
Post a Comment