Got a little burble in the tummy when I opened my hotmail as there was an email from Myslexia. I had submitted a competition entry and thought could it be....?
Of course it wasn't. It was just a survey. It was asking lots of questions about 'the novel we all have inside us'. Which one? I thought. I've written 4 novels and started a fifth. Three of them are for children, and two are contemporary women's fiction. And yes, I have tried very hard to get them into print, but have not been able to get an agent which is really the first essential step.
If I had a £1 for every time someone told me about how JK Rowling had got hundreds of rejections before making her lucky break, I would have....well, at least £20 (which would have paid for my beers the other night).
I have come through a painful time of rejection to realise that essentially I haven't written what is going to do it for me yet, but I will.... I have to.
I had a fantastic Grandmother, who I called by her name as she was my mother's step mum. She had an amazing life, which I won't go into now, but she used to say that knowing what you want is the hard bit. Once you know, you can set to work to get it and if you want it bad enough you will get it. I believe in that, so I have to believe in what I am capable of writing.
Until tomorrow, Cam x
No comments:
Post a Comment