Thursday, 10 March 2011

Day Nineteen

Probably about time I shared something I have written. Bravely I am posting this poem which I wrote today. It was for one of the exercises on the course to represent Bildungsroman. Don't worry I hadn't heard of it either...basically it means a novel which charts the hero/heroine's development to maturity. You could do it in a paragraph or a poem. This is what I came up with:

Adolescent Awakenings

I lie on the blue of my bedroom carpet,
the curtains open a crack to
reveal the enormity of the universe.
Now and again I close my eyes,
but when I open them it is still there.

The weight of realisation
is crushing my changing body.
I fear for a crumbling brain.
I need to reach maturity in
bite-sized chunks.

Getting through school and what is cool,
is hard enough without realising that
I am a tiny chirp
drowned out by the roar
of the world.

That is probably enough for today - I'm exhausted after that and need to lie down in a darkened room and contemplate....well, just contemplate.

Until tomorrow, Cam x

No comments:

Post a Comment