Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Day Thirty-Nine

Hello itsa me, itsa Cam,

Pop quiz....I wonder if you are able to look back and spot the entry where I had had a few glasses of wine?.....answers on a postcard please!

Are there a couple more of you checking out the old blog after my text reminder? Yes, can you believe it I am still typing away, sending off my banal ramblings into cyberspace just to see what, if anything, might happen...I'm glad you're here too.

For those of you who have been following...it was week five of the parenting course today and quite insightful. This week we were learning about 'I statements'. This is where instead of kicking off at your kids you say how it has made you feel and what you would like them to do instead. I am going to try it on Sasha whose opener this morning (before I had even opened my eyes) was 'telly, I want telly.' Instead of retorting grumpily, 'I am going to throw that television in the bin,' I am going to say, 'it makes Mummy feel sad and cross when the first thing you say is to ask for telly. I would like a hug and a kiss in the morning instead.' I am expecting her to say, 'telly' in response - I'll let you know how I get on!

Other news that may affect writing is my fingers. I have always had a slight soreness in my hands and fingers and suffer from Raynoids (white fingers in the cold) since having kids, but this winter they have been puffy and feel like they are bruised. I have made a doctors appointment, but I am scared that it is arthritis. If I have something that gets worse, how will I be able to write? Not a good thought, but something that needs sorting.

That along with my eyes....

Ade (my husband) and I have an ongoing competition about our perfect eyesight. His is so good that he could have been a fighter pilot apparently (if only his legs weren't too long for the cockpit) and he regularly tests me, 'what does that sign say Cam,' etc. I have to admit though that I appear (at long last) to be losing the competition. I have to hold things at arms length to read them and things blur a lot more than normal. I'm determined to make it to 40 before I have to wear glasses.

I have this vision of myself with crippled bulging fingers and half moon specs still trying to blog. Oh dear, I'll be an old lady and we'll all still be here!

Sorry for the depressing blog today - try to be a bit more chipper tomorrow.

Until then, Cam x

2 comments: