Thursday, 28 April 2011

Day 65: Game On!

After I finished my post yesterday I unusually, followed my own advice and used those extra 2 hours (plus another 1) to re-write the piece completely and email it to my sister and a friend who has just started to give excellent help with my writing.

I am still not happy with it at all and it may have been a complete waste of time, but it is amazing to me how dramatically my focus can change.

I went from complete avoidance to being totally absorbed within an hour or two. When I'm in the zone, nothing can penetrate. It is like I have a bubble around me and all I can think about is what I am writing.

In fact in that 3 hours I had the kids both round me asking for food and other basic human needs, the cat walking on the lap-top, my husband rearranging his clothes in the bedroom and I only looked up from the screen when I really had to. I must be horrible to live with when I am in the zone - no wonder you see so many novels with thanks and dedication to their husbands/wives!

Until tomorrow, Cam x

No comments:

Post a Comment