Have been having some more thoughts on this (thanks for the comment D) and did a cluster which brought back a memory of learning about Freud's super-ego, ego and id thing. I've done a free write around that memory which I think I can structure into a story, but I am struggling a bit with it. It is not flowing that well.
I think I'm going to leave it for tonight and take a look tomorrow, but I might post a bit to my friendly group for some advice.
So, this is a bit of an insight into how I work on a piece. In non-writer speak what I have done is:
1. Written the word ego in the middle of a piece of paper and thought of any associations I have with that, writing them down in a spider like way across the page.
2. Looked up the definition of ego in the dictionary
3. Looked up on wickipedia Freud's theory of super-ego etc (my A'levels were a very long time ago!)
4. Just started to write - straight onto the laptop whatever came into my head
5. Began ordering and jiggling about with what I had written.
6. Put in some thoughts at the end of what I was trying to achieve and where I was headed and what I am struggling with (I always forget what the nonsense is all about when I look back at it)
7. Leave it to simmer and/or post a bit to like minded people for comment/advice
Just looked back at it and it is way too rough to post, so I'll come back to it when I am fresher.
Until tomorrow, Cam x
No comments:
Post a Comment