I woke in the middle of the night last night - well it was about 3am - mainly because it was so hot (I had left the heating on constant). But what was suprising to me was my first thought was how I had completely forgotten to write my blog. Not just for one day, which has happened before, but for two in a row.
I had a really big urge to log on and write there and then, but instead I got up, turned off the heating and put the guinea pigs away to stop the foxes gobbling them up (seems my blog wasn't the only thing I forgot) and then tried unsuccessfully to go back to sleep.
In the end I got up and wrote morning pages. They were a little weird. The tone of my writing in the morning often is as it is confused between dream and reality, but when I glanced back there was an entry I wanted to share with you all as I thought it was kind of poetic (in a Cam kind of way) and I was quite proud of it....even though it wasn't something I was aware of....
Born a second to early - meaning everything is a moment behind. The dreams slips away and I am unable to recollect the vividness of it. It fragments and the pieces of image float downstream. They remain a frustrating fingertip distance from me. If I'm lucky enough to grab one it melts and the colours merge and drip through my fingers. It is not solid enough for me to see, like old film that is so fragile it melts before it can be played. The image is lost, then instantly forgotten.
Does that feel familiar? That chasing of dreams. It is something that could be worked up into a poem I think.
Anyway, that is enough of all that creative rubbish, back to the usual me tomorrow!
Until then, Cam x
No comments:
Post a Comment