Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Day 57: Easter Egg Hunting

Had a new experience today - Easter Egg hunt American style. Have to say it works really well. What you do is use those kinder style plastic eggs, open them up and put in sweets, coins (just 2ps mainly), stickers, whatever, then put them all over the place for the kids to collect. The advantages are:
1. Everyone gets loads
2. You can control how much sweet stuff your kids get tucking into
3. No melting chocolate
4. Cheaper than big eggs

The only downer of the whole experience was:
1. Fay fell into a rabbit hole on the off - before she had even got an egg
2. Fay got stung by nettles
3. I stood in dog poo - in my sandals (nice)


So - sent my blog off to see if they are interested in commissioning me for 3 months. Deadline for submissions is 15 May so I'll let you know if there is any news on that front.

Have decided on the magazine for my next assignment - the theme is EGO. This means I need to write a fiction story of 2,000 words, appealing to women writers around the theme of ego. I am asking you for any ideas/thoughts that the theme conjures up for you - please comment and get me started.

Until tomorrow, Cam x

1 comment:

  1. Cam,
    Maybe turn the idea of Ego on it's head and write about the absence of, rather than overwhelming ego.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete