Monday, 28 February 2011

Day Nine

Unexpected guests today and it was brill!

I fed them old food that needed eating up and let them watch me unpack all the fresh new groceries and put them away. 'Must be good friends,' I hear you cry, and yes they are... they're like loyal dogs (which is why you can feed them anything).

They came when I was on my own so I didn't even have to share them with the rest of my family - I got all the attention for myself. I was telling my youngest (Sasha) that they came to visit, but she couldn't remember them so I told her about the magical day in the snow we all had together in January last year. She remembered that all right - sledging in the snow with their dogs, then back to their house for homemade chips and soup. Yum!

I can see the trees now, drooping from their heavy, white blanket. It was like walking in a wedding cake. I pulled Sasha in the sledge and she bumped along with her tongue out trying to eat the flakes as they fell. The park was filled with snow sculptures - they were amazing.

So not much on the writing front folks. I may have more time to dabble tomorrow.

Until then, Cam x

No comments:

Post a Comment