Monday, 30 May 2011

Day 94: Shared birthdays

I have two very excited girls reluctant to go to sleep because one turns 7 tomorrow and the other 4. Every time I tell someone that I have two girls born on the same day I get exactly the same reaction - only some are more polite than others, but everyone is always thinking the same thing - that I only do it once a year. it was funny the first time.

We started a tradition last year of hiding their presents when they are asleep so that they have to go on a treasure hunt to retrieve them all before they open them. They've got a tonne of stuff. Fay asked for a schnook (which I had to look up - some weird creature who's hair grows when you shake it) and the Harry Potter secret box which is REALLY SCARY! Sasha wanted a princess secret box which doesn't exist, so I got her a piece of pink plastic tat that will hopefully suffice.

We've got a wicked day planned - lazy morning of breakfast and pressies, pictures to see Rio, Happy Meal (yuk), then one of those play centres places and a birthday tea of cake (Ade has made a wicked hedgehog with buttons as spines) and hula hoops! Ahhh to be seven again.

They have a party on Sunday which everyone seems to be able to make so I'm not sure where they will all go. Outside if its dry. Also made the mistake of doing it for 3 instead of the customary 2 hours (D'oh). Ho hum, bring on the balloons!

Until tomorrow, or perhaps the next day if I'm shattered, Cam x

No comments:

Post a Comment