Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Day 102: What now?

It is suddenly really hard to write. There is no course to structure myself to. I am back in the throws of the wide open world. I am blinking at the blank open word document thinking where have all those ideas gone? Where are the characters? What are words anyway? I need some focus.

Thank goodness for the writing group - we held each other up as we limped towards the finish line, but now we're over it I worry for our future. We had purpose, drive, motivation, now what?

Our saving grace is strong leadership - we have her alright (thank God).

There is that mslexia novel competition, but I feel really scared to read my novel now. After everything I have learned I know that it will be a pile of poo and I don't have the energy to rewrite it. All of that is pretty much dead to me now. It may be too late to pull something out of the hat....let me have a look at that entry date...September. That is 3-4 months to do it in - it took me 3 years to write Elvis. I don't think it can be done.

Perhaps I'll have another look at Elvis - can I bear it?!

Until tomorrow, Can

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cam

    Are you going to do A363? I have signed up to do it but I'm not sure I will.

    Have a fab time at the wedding next weekend.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete